2012 National Disability Research and Development Grants
National Disability Research and Development grants will be awarded to researchers for research that supports the National Disability Agreement, the National Disability Strategy and future reforms such as the National Disability Insurance Scheme.
A total of $750,000 (ex GST) is available in 2012 for the open competitive funding round. A maximum amount of $100,000 per year will be available for each project (unless a compelling case is made to exceed this limit). Projects can run over more than one year. A proportion (approximately 20%) of the total funding can be approved for seed funding to prepare for grants applications through this funding or through other processes such as NHMRC and/or ARC Linkage grants.
Apply for Funding
Applications for funding must be made through the NSW Government eTendering website. Applicants must submit a Research Proposal and Research Response Schedule electronically to the email address provided on the eTendering website.
Applications must be received by 14:00, 29/06/2012 (Australian Eastern Standard Time). The documents are available from the NSW eTendering website (Tender reference number: DPRWG.12.01) at https://tenders.nsw.gov.au/?event=public.RFT.list
Disability Research & Development documents to download from the NSW e Tendering website
- Cover Sheet for request for a National Disability Research Grant
- Research Specification
- Research Response Schedule
- Conditions of Applying for a Research Grant
- Research Agreement
- National Disability Research and Development Agenda
- Fact Sheet
A complete Disability Research Grant Application must consist of the following:
- A Research Response Schedule
- A Research Proposal
- Any additional documentation as required
Prior to submission of an application for disability research funding, applicants are to ensure they:
- Read all relevant reference material
- Liaise with their administering institution to identify any specific requirements that the institution may have.
Through eTendering the Researcher is providing an electronic signature in accordance with the Electronic Transactions Act 2000 (NSW) and is taken to have accepted any conditions shown on the NSW Government eTendering website. No hard copies will be accepted.
The key dates for the 2012 National Disability Research Grants are as follows:
- 03/05/2012 Applications Open
- 29/06/2012 at 14:00 hours AEST - Applications Close